Hmong Home Stretch Workshop (6/24/2017)
June 24, 2017 - 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Hmong Home Stretch Workshop – June 24, 2017
8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Interested in Registering? Please contact Tulshi Kharel at 651-495-1509 | firstname.lastname@example.org
This is held at HAP’s Arcade Office | 1075 Arcade Street, Saint Paul, MN 55106.
Home Buyer Education (HBE is a 9 hour class for first time home buyers looking to purchase a home. Participants include voluntary and required individuals who would need to take the workshop and obtain a certificate for completing the 8 hour course. This Home Stretch Workshop is the Minnesota approved curriculum by Neighbor Works of America, and often a requirement for most down payment assistance programs with MHFA, twin cities programs, County DP programs, first time home buyer products, and NSP specific products. HBE is funded by HUD.
- HAP’s Home Stretch Workshops are taught in English as well as in Hmong
- HAP is a HUD Approved Housing Counseling Agency
- HAP offers Pre-purchase counseling along with the Home Stretch Workshop
- The curriculum meets National Industry Standards and is MN Homeownership Center APPROVED
- Certificates received upon completion of the course can be used for down payment assistance
Our participants always walk away at the end of the day learning more than they have expected. It is HAP’s goal to assist homebuyers in educating them in the process and be a resource in the community. If you have a client in need of down payment assistance, the Home Stretch Certificate will allow them access to roughly $30,000.00 in down payment assistance.